Senior Instructor/Instructional Designer
We are searching for a Senior Instructor for our continuously growing organization.
This position is based in our Fayetteville, NC Office.
The Senior Instructor/Instructional Designer (SI/ID) plans, designs, and develops engaging learning from the creation of the objectives and outline, to writing content and coming up with ways to make practice mimic real life skills/behaviors.
The SI/ID works closely with other team members to communicate and coordinate curriculum development activities.
- Liaison with the Training Manager to translate knowledge and performance deficiencies into training requirements
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to identify what students need to learn
- Develop objectives and ensure content matches those objectives
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
- Structure content and activities for student learning
- Create media to support learning
- Develop assessments (note that this does not only mean tests)
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually this is adapting materials from face-to-face to e-learning)
- Coordinate with the Curriculum Developer, Graphics Artist, Documentation
- Specialist, and multimedia Developer to plan, develop, and deliver professional instructor-led and blended learning.
Please contact Mike Davis at: (910) 778-2392
or, email your resume to Mike Davis at Phoenix Global Support, LLC
Qualifications - Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of curriculum development tools including
- Instructional System Design (ISD), System Approach to Training (SAT) and reverse ADDIE process to develop curriculum
- Knowledge of web development tools including Captivate, Flash, Articulate, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Photoshop and other curriculum development tools
- Experience working with a learning management system
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education theories
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills for working in team environment
- All applicants must currently have a minimum DoD Top Secret clearance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in education, instructional systems design, educational psychology, computer-based course-ware development or a related field or equivalent work experiences:
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in related technologies
- Experience in the SOF community preferred