We are searching for a Technical Writer for our continuously growing organization.
This position is based in our Fayetteville, N.C. Office.
Under general supervision, the Technical Writer researches, develops, writes and edits training material, reports, manuals, briefs, instruction books, catalogs and related technical and administrative publications. Additionally, the Technical Writer may assist in the development, proofing and editing of proposals for PGS.
This is a full-time position located in Fayetteville NC. All applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
An active DoD security clearance is required for this position. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
The Technical Writer will possess the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to:
- Analyze requirements of a project to determine types of publications needed.
Research and compile technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards.
Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Review written material and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- May study flow charts, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Obtain data from independent observation consultation with technical staff members or study of published materials and drawings.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
- Participate in general layout and manual organization.
- Performs final quality assurance on all materials.
- Draft Programmatic Documentation
- The responsibilities described above reflect typical duties of this position but are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may be added to or removed from this position as it evolves to meet the future needs of the company.
- Applicants will be expected to have a minimum of the following education:
- Associates’ Degree, +3-6 years experience, in Education, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communication, or other related field.
- Applicants will be expected to have a minimum of the following experience:
- 2 years of experience preparing technical documentation for Defense intelligence needs desired.
- Candidate must possess strong technical writing skills, full knowledge of grammatical principles, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Also, excellent proofreading skills and skill in developing and maintaining full-text searchable hyperlinks